- Werner Bischof, Peru, On the road to Cuzco, 1954
- Werner Bischof, Germany, Frankfurt, 1946
- Werner Bischof, Germany, Region of Baden-Württemberg, 1945
- Werner Bischof, At the train station, South Korea, Pusan, 1952
- Werner Bischof, Budapeşte, 1947
A selection of photographs by Werner Bischof will be on display at the Leica Gallery Istanbul from 4 July to 30 August. Titled Werner Bischof 1936-1954, the exhibition marks the first time the Swiss photographer’s work has been showcased in Turkey.
Bischof gained international attention when he documented the destruction, poverty and suffering in Central Europe after World War II. He subsequently went on to become one of the most widely-known reportage photographers of the twentieth century, creating iconic images not only in Europe, but also in Asia, the Far East and North and South America.
More information: Leica Gallery Istanbul