- Wolfgang Tillmans Young Man, Jeddah, a, 2012 Courtesy Galerie Buchholz, Köln/Berlin
- Wolfgang Tillmans Silver 85, 2011 Courtesy Privatsammlung, Schweiz
- Wolfgang Tillmans Jurys Inn, 2010 Courtesy Galerie Buchholz, Köln/Berlin
- Wolfgang Tillmans TGV, 2010 Courtesy Galerie Buchholz, Köln/Berlin
- Wolfgang Tillmans Tukan, 2010 Courtesy Galerie Buchholz, Köln/Berlin
From September 1 to November 4, 2012, the Kunsthalle Zürich is presenting the “New World” exhibition by Wolfgang Tillmans. The photographer's latest pictures taken during his travels, as well as abstract photographs, will be on show. The artist's work is fully focussed on the image and the question of how meaning emerges on a piece of paper, and when does a picture actually become a picture. His very comprehensive oeuvre includes portraits, still lifes, landscapes and skyscapes, as well as, at times, subcultural settings.
Wolfgang Tillmans's coming together with the Kunsthalle Zürich is rather like an encounter of old friends, as the internationally renowned artist had his first institutional exhibition there back in 1995.
Further information on the exhibition at: www.kunsthallezurich.ch