- Luca Mifune Poling, 7 years old, from the series "Stubble Field Race". Deutscher Jugendfotopreis 2012
- Johanna Selge, 22 years old, title: "Violent Escape". Deutscher Jugendfotopreis 2012
- Hans Findling, 15 years old, title: "Straight-A Student". Deutscher Jugendfotopreis 2012
- Fabian Birke, 19 years old, from the photo book "Homestories". Deutscher Jugendfotopreis 2012
- Tanja Tuyet Minh Dao, 15 Jahre, title: Gravity doesn't stop me! Deutscher Jugendfotopreis 2012
More than 6,000 participants and 30,000 photos: Under the umbrella of the ‘Deutsche Jugendfotopreis’ (German Young Photography Award) 2012, budding photographers share their extensive range of views, stories and creative experiments. The winning photos will be displayed at the Photokina trade show in Köln, from 18th to 23rd September. The thrilling finale will be the awards cermony on the 23rd of September.
Picturing everyday life
Everyday life of a young generation is a common thread of the submitted images – the most popular subject being people, making their absence in some of the photos all the more noticable. This year’s specific theme, ‘Going Places’, inspired many participants to contribute their personal travelling experiences.
The funding for the prize is provided by the Department for Family, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth, and it is organised by the German Childrens and Youth Film Centre. All photographers under the age of 25 can participate.
Further information at: www.jugendfotopreis.de