- Ute Mahler: Erotik-Show, Stadthalle Karl-Marx-Stadt (Chemnitz), 1988. From the series "Erotikprogramm" © Ute Mahler
- Ute Mahler: Sophie Rois, Berlin-Mitte, from the series "Porträts", 1996 © Ute Mahler/OSTKREUZ
- Werner Mahler, „Sibylle“ magazine, 1994. Polaroid 4x5 inch. © Werner Mahler
- Ute & Werner Mahler: From the series „Monalisen der Vorstädte“ - Adda, Reykjavik, 2009 © Ute Mahler, Werner Mahler
- Ute and Werner Mahler, Lehnitz 2013 © Ingo Taubhorn
Ute Mahler and Werner Mahler have been a couple for 40 years, and are two of Germany's outstanding photographers. Back in the times of the German Democratic Republic, they were among the defining photographers of East Germany, conveying, back then as today, their humanistic view of the world in diverse and intense photo projects.
In addition to their well-known photo series on Germany history, this first ever, exclusive joint exhibition is presenting a new project carried out by the two photographers together.
The range of the exhibition includes socio-critical reportages, landscape images, sensitive portraits and fashion photography. "It's not about creating a situation, but about recognizing and interpreting a situation" is their creed.
Further information at: Deichtorhallen