Leica SF 60 flash
Price: € 520
incl. VAT, plus shipping costs
Availability: Ready to ship
The new Leica SF 60 system flash is a compact powerhouse for Leica Cameras designed especially for the models of the S, SL, and M series. It is also fully compatible with the Leica Q and CL, for which it also offers TTL flash exposure control. The SF 60 is an extremely compact and powerful flash unit with an outstanding range of features, and is among the lightest and smallest of its performance class.
Despite its weight of only 300 grams and height of 98 mm, the flash unit offers a guide number of 60 at ISO 100. Its reflector can be swiveled horizontally by 180 degrees in both directions and tilted upwards by up to 90 degrees. This versatile feature of the SF 60 makes it ideal for indirect, bounced and soft flash from numerous positions and angles. Controlled by the camera, it automatically adjusts to focal lengths from 24 to 200 mm (35 mm equivalent) and also features an integrated reflector for ultra-wide-angle exposures down to 16 mm.
For photographers who also shoot video, the SF 60 offers constant LED light output adjustable in nine steps. All parameters can be set on the flash unit with two dials and on the color LED display. The SF 60 offers wireless remote control and is compatible with the Leica SF C1 flash control unit.
Compatible with eica S, Leica SL, Leica M10, Leica M (Typ 240), Leica M8, Leica M9 Leica Q and Leica CL.
- Flash modes: A and TTL with automatic TTL flash exposure control, M for manual partial light output settings, SD/SF for remote firing by flash pulse of master flash unit, with or without pre-flash, flash exposure control through manually preset partial light output settings, for constant light, ABC (requires Leica SF C1 controller, optional accessory) for remote firing and controlling a.) the flash mode (either M or TTL) and b.) the partial light output settings (in M mode) or flash exposure compensation (in TTL mode), signal transmission in 2.4 GHz band
- Flash exposure compensation: ±2 EV in increments of 1⁄3 EV (TTL mode)
- Manual partial light output levels: 1/1 - 1/256 in increments of 1/3 EV (M, SD, SF modes)
- Manual video light output levels: 9
- Flash duration: 1/800 s at full output (in M, SD, SF modes), 1/800 - 1/20000 s at automatic output (in A, TTL modes)
- Color temperature: About 5600 K at full output
- Number of flashes/flash recycling time: (maximum-minimum, depending on battery type and flash mode) 220-1500/0,1-5.5 s
- Video light duration: about 3.5 hours with fresh batteries at maximum light output (= level 9)
- Light coverage/focal lengths of zoom reflector: for 24/28/35/50/70/85/105/135/200 mm, down to 16 mm with integrated wide-angle diffuser, setting shown in LCD panel, fully automatic setting only in A flash mode
- Swivel and tilt settings/stop positions of reflector head Vertical: 45°, 60°, 75°, 90° Horizontal, in both directions: 30°, 60°, 90°, 120°, 150°, 180°
- AF assist light: Automatic activation, working range approx. 0.7 - 5 m
- Other functions: High speed synchronization (HSS) if supported by camera model, start-of-exposure and end-of-exposure synchronization, long exposure synchronization, reduction of red eye effects (if supported by camera model, camera setting)
- Power supply: Alkaline batteries, 1.5 V, IEC type LR6 (AA/mignon size), nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) rechargeable batteries, 1.2 V, IEC type HR6 (AA/mignon size), 4 batteries in each case, external battery pack as additional power supply (optional accessory by different manufacturers)
- Power save system: Flash unit automatically switches to standby after 2 or 5 min (depending on flash mode) and powers down after 60 min
- Dimensions (W x H x D): About 73 x 98 x 112 mm (with reflector head in normal horizontal position)/73 x 162 x 75 mm (with reflector head in vertical position)
- Weight (without batteries): about 300 g
- Delivery: Flash unit with clip-on softbox, off-camera stand, case, Quick Start Guide