Every year, the editorial offices of Germany's Stern magazine offer a photography internship to an outstanding newcomer with a completed visual communications degree. Under the title of 'Stern – Young Photography' the programme represents an opportunity for gifted young newcomers to develop their skill-set and advance their career.
The successful applicant will be offered a one-year contract working for Stern. During this time, he or she will collaborate with the magazine's editors to produce compelling presentations of various themes both within Germany and abroad. The programme's focus is on modern portrait and reportage photography, for which the magazine frequently receives honours and awards.
For the duration of the internship, you will be employed on an exclusive basis at the Stern editorial offices in Hamburg with a monthly gross salary of 2,500 euros. Applications must be made digitally, and can be uploaded until 31 January 2016.
At the time of application you must fulfil the following requirements:
• You are a photographer with a degree in visual communications or an equivalent study programme (diploma from a recognised university, technical college or other public/private institution)
• You have graduated no more than one year ago
• You are fluent in German (speaking and writing)
• You are no more than 35 years old
• You are able to move to Hamburg for the duration of your internship
For further details and applications go to Stern Stipendium