The Super-Vario-Elmar-SL 16-35mm/3.5-4.5 Asph wide-angle zoom lens complements the previously available portfolio of two zoom lenses for the Leica SL (24-90mm and 90-280mm).
The newly designed optical system of the Super-Vario-Elmar-SL 16-35mm/3.5-4.5 Asph contains a total of 18 elements in 12 groups. These include two asphericals for the correction of monochromatic aberrations Three elements made from glass with anomalous partial dispersion correct chromatic aberration, while an improved mount geometry and high-quality coating ensure optimum suppression of reflections and stray light within the optical system.
The Super-Vario-Elmar-SL 16-35mm/3.5-4.5 Asph will be on sale from April 23, 2018.
A new firmware version for the Leica SL will also appear at the same time as the new wide-angle zoom lens. Version 3.2 integrates numerous wishes for general improvements requested by SL photographers:
- the Joystick can now be deactivated from the menu to prevent inadvertent changes to settings while the camera is in use,
- Eco Mode can be set to reduce the power consumption of the camera,
- the standard white balance value for daylight has been changed from 6600 K to 6500 K
- various improvements have been made for entering text/numbers (e.g. at WiFi password)
- compatibility with the Leica SF 60 System Flash and the SF C1 wireless flash controller
- other bug fixes
For further information please visit Leica Camera