- 1959, Paris, France, for Jour de France, Monique Dutto at métro exit © Frank Horvat
- 1974, Paris, France, for STERN, shoes and Eiffel Tower © Frank Horvat
- Intersection No. 9 Beijing, 2018 © Alexvi Li
- Fiammetta Horvat presenting the work of her father
- Siegmund Dukek, Managing Director at Leica Camera Greater China and Karin Rehn-Kaufmann, Art Director & Chief Representative Leica Galleries International, at the opening
As the official photography partner, Leica Camera AG will be presenting a multifaceted exhibition of images from the genre fashion photography at this year’s PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai (from 21 to 23 September 2018).
Frank Horvat, one of the most influential photographers of the 20th century, founded his fame above all on his innovative contribution to fashion photography. In his own inimitable way, Horvat was one of the earliest to integrate moments of reportage photography into his staged fashion images. In retrospect, the photographer admits that, ‘Without the stories that can be told, fashion would never really have interested me.’ And, not least of all, a repertoire of new poses and the in-your-face reality of his pictures very soon helped to establish his international success.
Chinese fashion photographer Alexvi Li presents, among other works, his ongoing project "Beijing Apartment", which shows the living conditions of foreign models in Beijing.