Leica Camera has introduced new firmware updates for the SL and S systems.
The firmware version 22.214.171.124 for the S system includes following features and bug fixes:
- Improved Video Operation with Leica S Cable Release
- Video start/stop via cable remote
- Center Marking for Live View Autofocus
- Customization for the Top Dial
- Last info screen stays (e.g. histogram)
- New photo mask 3:1 for a better composing (further masks: 1:1, 2:1)
- Long Exposure Time up to 2 min.
- Support of the new Leica FOTOS app with Easy Connect
- GPS Tag was sometimes corrupt within a picture sequence
- Under some circumstances the mirror got stuck after a series of 200 to 400 exposures
- Under some circumstances the camera produced color patterns with the Leica Vario-Elmar-S 30-90mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH.
The firmware version 3.3 for the SL system includes following features:
1. Power Saving Mode
- Changed functionality: While not using electronic viewfinder or any operating elements, the camera will go into ‘Auto Power Off’ after a fixed amount of time.
- Changed the timing from 3 to 10 seconds.
2. Auto Review
- Additional option ‘Shutter pressed’ has been added to Auto Review settings
- Option ‘Off’ no longer enables the camera to show Auto Review while shutter release is pressed
You can download the new firmware from the Leica Camera website: S system and SL system