The new firmware for the Leica SL expands the performance and range of functions of both camera and lenses. The improvements include an up to 35% faster writing speed when saving DNG files onto SD cards, optimised autofocus, new options for customising the camera’s functions as well as overall bug fixes. In addition, updates are also available for the Image Shuttle Win/Mac 3.6, the Lightroom-tethered plugins Mac 1.2.0 and Win 1.1.0, as well as the App Leica SL 3.0.
To summarise the improvements:
- Up to 35% faster writing speed when saving DNG files to an SD card
- Optimised autofocus (optimised MF/AF control, reduced AF reaction time, improved subject tracking with SL lenses, improved performance for video recording)
- New firmware for lenses (improved accuracy of the focus position, improved AFc accuracy, new firmware for the Vario-Elmarit-SL 24–90 f/2.8–4 Asph and the Apo-Vario-Elmarit-SL 90–280 f/2.8–4)
- Separate storage of JPG and DNG on two SD cards
- Independent exposure control for video and photo mode
- Electronic shutter mode for shutter speeds from 1s–1/16 000s (at ISO50) for silent shutter release
- Bugfixes (removal of all shutter speed limitations for Leica M or Leica R lenses, improved stability for tethered shooting with Leica Image Shuttle 3.6)
Registered camera owners are able to download the firmware updates after logging into the Leica Owners Area. Alternatively, the camera can be updated in the course of a free service available at Leica Stores.