New version of the Leica FOTOS app and firmware updates for your Leica camera are available now.
Leica FOTOS app
The new version (1.1.0) integrates new features to easily connect your smartphone and camera and includes several performance- and stability improvements.
Bluetooth support Leica C-Lux & D-Lux 7
- easily pair and connect your Leica compact camera via Bluetooth
- connect Leica FOTOS to your Leica camera without any menus
- use the remote wakeup function to connect to your Leica camera, even when it is off and out of reach
- with automatic clock setting, your cameras’ date and time are always in sync with your smartphone.
The update also includes the ‘Easy Connect’ function for Leica SL, CL, Q and Q-P which has the following features:
- QR code for all Leica cameras: Easy pairing of smartphone and Leica cameras
- 1-Click connection with FN-Button: WLAN starts without submenus on FN-button (CL, Q and Q-P)
- fixed WLAN name and password: No submenus for setting name and password
- easy access: No submenus for setting a connection mode.
Firmware update Leica SL (3.4)
In addition to the app features, the firmware update for the Leica SL also includes the following adjustments to upcoming lenses from L-Mount Alliance partners Panasonic and Sigma:
- body-lens communication standard extended for compatibility with upcoming L-Mount lenses
- additional menu for updating the lens-firmware of upcoming lenses from L-Mount Alliance partners via SL camera body
- compatibility with upcoming L-Mount lenses, that are equipped with an AF/MF switch on the lens barrel. In this case the lens switch is the master for AF/MF mode
- compatibility with upcoming L-Mount lenses, that are equipped with an OIS mode switch on the lens barrel. In this case the lens switch is the master for OIS mode.
Bugfix: In some cases the Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90 f/2.8-4 Asph did show front focus issues. Lens firmware 1.1 does solve this issue.
For further information visit Leica Camera