- Linda Vargas, Colordia, 6 x 6 cm, 1958, © Peter Gowland
- Lou Evans, Colordia, 6 x 6 cm, 1957, © Peter Gowland
- Diane Webber, Silbergelatineprint, 20 x 25 cm, ca. 1955, © Peter Gowland
- Candace Thayer, Silbergelatineprint, 20 x 25 cm, 1968, © Peter Gowland
- Jane Mansfield, Mickey Hagarty, Colordia, 6 x 6 cm, 1955, © Peter Gowland
From June 9 to September 9, 2018, the Museum of Applied Arts in Cologne will be showing the exhibition "Peter Gowland's Girls".
The exhibition "Peter Gowland's Girls" is dedicated to the pin-up photographs of the American photographer Peter Gowland (1916-2010), who photographed young women in glamor and pin-up style from 1946 in and around Los Angeles. At the beginning of his career, the "New York Times" described him as "America's No. 1 Pin-Up Photographer "and later relocated his pictures to "Somewhere between Seduction and Art".
"Peter Gowland's Girls" features some 200 works selected from Gowland's estate, which includes tens of thousands of prints and slides, including the most exciting, elegant and daring images of an unprecedented pin-up photography career: stars like Joan Collins and Jayne Mansfield, works for Playboy or Rolling Stone and his pictures for countless calendars and magazines from the 1940s to the 1970s.
An exhibition in cooperation with the Reiss-Engelhorn-Museums / ZEPHYR - Raum für Fotografie!