- Juergen Teller, Ed´s Godmother, Stephanie Simon Hale and Artur Teller, Advertising for Phillips de Pury & Co Magnificent Jewels, London, 2005 © Juergen Teller, Courtesy Lehmann Maupin, New York
- Juergen Teller, Lola’s Cousin, Joe Willams, Advertising for Phillips de Pury & Co Magnificent Jewels, London, 2005 © Juergen Teller, Courtesy Lehmann Maupin, New York
- Anna Skladmann, Vadim on his Rooftop, Moscow, 2009, from the series "Little Adults, 2008-2010" © Anna Skladmann
- Rich Kids of Instagram, Pool in the backyard that look like Metropolis. #LA #canyon #pool #water #beer #raft #dolphins #neon #sunday by groverlight, Blog entry from 24.09.2013 © groverlight
- Lamia Maria Abillama, Evelina, 2006, from the series "Ladies of Rio, 2006-2007", Courtesy Galerie Tanit, München, © Lamia Maria Abillama
The Rich Pickings. Displaying Wealth exhibition at the Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe (MKG) in Hamburg is dedicated to the presentation of wealth and the profiling of wealthy people in photography and the mass media. While the gap between rich and poor continues to grow, wealth is presented in the media in apparently constantly increasing excess. It has seemed that till now the interest of photography has dealt mainly with poverty, but, in fact, since the eighties there has been an increase in works where photographers focus on wealth.
This is the first time that an exhibition has been dedicated to this phenomenon: the 150 pieces in the comprehensive display cover 20 contemporary approaches, including artistic works, reportage photography, documentary films and video presentations by Tina Barney, Gabriel Mascaro, Martin Parr, Juergen Teller, Paolo Woods, among others. In addition, the exhibition includes photos taken by amateurs and shared through Instagram, as well as exerts from the reality TV show Rich Kids of Beverly Hills.
Further information at: MKG Hamburg