- Muhammad Fadli, The Banda Chronlicles, Nr 12, 2015
© Muhammad Fadli
- Jay Subyakto, „Ngaben“ from the series "Life after Death", 2008
© Jay Subjakto
- Octa Christi, „Trisya Berselina Awom“, Doom Island, from the series „Seventeen“, 2014
© Octa Christi
- Paul Kadarisman, from the series „Wish You Were Here“, Jakarta, 2015
© Paul Kadarisman
- Rony Zakaria, The Sweet Sugar Island, Yogyakarta, Central Java, Indonesia, 2011
© Rony Zakaria
From October 1 to November 15, 2015, the Fotografie Forum Frankfurt is showing a group exhibition of contemporary Indonesian photography. Nine influential photo artists (born between 1960 and 1990), working in Indonesia today, present works that document the past and current conditions in the country.
They have all experienced decisive moment during the country's transformation: the growth boom, the authoritarian government system and its democratic reforms, the digital revolution, as well as the disastrous consequences of natural catastrophes. The exhibition is not only about journalistic documentation of place-specific themes, but also about the expression of opinions that have global relevance.
The exhibition is curated by Celina Lunsford, Artistic Director of the Fotografie Forum Frankfurt. Beyond Transisi is part of the Arts & Culture Programme prepared by Indonesia, the honoured guest at the 2015 Frankfurt Book Fair, and is the result of a collaboration with Antara Gallery in Jakarta.
Further information available at: FFF