- Mathieu Asselin, Heather Bowser holds a photograph of her father, Morris Bowser, Ohio, 2012 © Mathieu Asselin, all rights reserved
- Batia Suter, Carnation, 2015
© Batia Suter, all rights reserved
- Rafał Milach, Anaklia, Georgia, 2013
© Rafał Milach, all rights reserved
- Luke Willis Thompson, autoportrait, (2017). Installation view, Chisenhale Gallery 2017. Commissioned by Chisenhale Gallery and produced in partnership with Create. Courtesy of the artist. Photo: Andy Keate
The four finalists of the 21st edition of the Deutsche Börse Photography Foundation Prize have been announced:
- Mathieu Asselin (b. 1973, France) – nominated for his publication Monsanto. A Photographic Investigation (Actes Sud, 2017)
- Rafał Milach (b. 1978, Poland) – nominated for his exhibition Refusal (Atlas Sztuki Gallery, Lodz, Poland, 2017)
- Batia Suter (b. 1967, Switzerland) – nominated for her publication Parallel Encyclopedia #2 (Roma, 2016)
- Luke Willis Thompson (b. 1988, New Zealand) for his exhibition autoportrait (Chisenhale Gallery, London, U.K., 2017)
The shortlisted works will be showcased at the Photographers’ Gallery London from 23 February to 2 June 2018. This is followed by a presentation at the MMK Museum for Modern Art in Frankfurt-am-Main during the city’s international photography triennial, RAY 2018.
The exhibition in London is accompanied by artist talks held by two of the finalists: Batia Suter (23 February) and Rafał Milach (25 February 2018).
The winner of this year’s Deutsche Börse Photography Foundation Prize will be announced in May 2018.
For further details visit Deutsche Börse Photography Foundation and The Photographers’ Gallery London