- © Gan Yingying, Flesh and Bones, 2018. Courtesy of the artist
- Kang Kum Hyang, 24, Waitress, Sugok Rest Stop © Matjaž Tančič with Koryo Studi
- © Song Shuyang, from Mirror Series, 2015-2018. Courtesy of the artist
- Great Wall made out of ham, colour photograph, 1990s. Courtesy of The Archive of Modern Conflict
- © Jiao Honghui, On the Gulangyu Beach, Xiamen, 1987 Archival Digital Print
The fourth edition of the Jimei x Arles festival for photography takes place in the Chinese port city of Xiamen from 23 November 2018 to 2 January 2019.
In 2015, renowned Chinese photographer RongRong joined forces with Sam Stourdzé, artistic director of Rencontres d’Arles, to establish the Jimei x Arles festival for photography. Last year, the large-scale event drew some 60,000 visitors to the South-Chinese city of Xiamen. The upcoming fourth edition (23 November 2018 to 2 January 2019) offers yet another comprehensive programme of exhibitions – once again including selected works from the Rencontres d’Arles festival. The main goal of the festival though is to present Chinese photography.
For further information visit Jimei x Arles