- © Estate of Louis Faurer, Models wearing Design by Castillo for Lanvin, Gare du Nord, Paris, 1960
- © Estate of Louis Faurer, Social Dance Hall on Broadway, New York, 1949
- © Estate of Louis Faurer, New York, 1948
- © Estate of Louis Faurer, “Ideal Theatre”, Philadelphia, 1938
- © Estate of Louis Faurer, Model hanging out of Train Car, Paris, 1960
Camera Work in berlin currently presents an exhibition of works by Louis Faurer (1916–2001), continuing until 8 October 2016. Curated in-house by the gallery, the solo exhibition encompasses more than 100 images by the American photographer, who not only achieved global fame with his fashion photographs, but also ranks among the leading representatives of street photography in the 20th century. The majority of exhibits were taken from the Camera Work AG collection.
Many of Louis Faurer’s images are considered icons of photography, with his most prominent works achieving high values at international auctions. The gallery is therefore particularly pleased to present a selection of vintage prints, including images from the famous fashion series ‘Last Train to Paris’ created in the 1960s.
For further information visit Camera Work