- Giampiero Assumma, from: Bodybuilders, 2013. Estimate: € 800
- Daniel Kramer, Bob Dylan Standing In Studio, New York City, 1965. Estimate: € 3700
- Ute Mahler, untitled, 1979. Estimate: € 1100
- Antanas Sutkus, Good Bye, Party Comrades! Vilnus, 1991. Estimate: € 1000
- Gisèle Freund, Man Ray in his Atelier, 1967. Estimate: € 900
The 20th Altenburg Photography Auction takes place on 22 November at the Honigmond Hotel in Berlin. The auction begins at 15.00. More than 100 (predominantly black and white) photographs will be on offer, including images by Leica photographers.
Established in 2004, the Altenburg Auction House is dedicated not only to modern classics, but also to the work of contemporary artists, with a particular emphasis on photography from the GDR. Twenty-five years after the fall of the Berlin Wall, there is now a growing interest for this genre.
For further details see Altenburg-Auktionen as well as the auction's online catalogue.