Leica have released the new firmware version 126.96.36.199 for the Leica M10, with a particular focus on improving menu operation.
- Optimised colour-coding of the SD card and battery status bars: The status bars now change from green to yellow to red when the battery is depleted or the SD card is filled.
- Two favourites pages: Up to 15 menu items can now be chosen for the favourites menu. If more than 7 items are chosen, a second favourites page will automatically be added.
- Page-by-page scrolling in the main menu: Pressing the menu key in the favourites menu opens first page of the main menu. Users are then able to scroll through the main menu page-by-page simply by pressing and holding down the menu key.
- Selectable Auto Review screen: Within the EVF/Display Control menu item, users can now select either Auto, EVF or Display to determine which screen the Auto Review function will use by default.
- Direct access to M-ISO from the favourites menu: It is now possible to activate a shortcut to the M-ISO function within Edit Favourites.
- Shorter blackout time after shooting in Live View: The brief interruption after shooting a frame in Live View mode has been significantly decreased. This is particularly noticeable when Automatic Review has been de-activated.
In addition, some minor issues have also been resolved with this updated version.
Firmware 188.8.131.52 is available to download from the Leica homepage at